Ok… let the bald spots show. Want a little recap of the trip so far?
Lets start at the beginning. We almost ripped out the kitchen sink to pack with us. We could probably have lived without a few of the 8000 sippy cups we brought. Pretty sure they have water and soap in Denver.
1. One of my kids is a dream road tripper. The other one is 14 months old and is currently residing on my ‘not the favorite’ list.
1a. L has asked about 45 times ‘are we going to ‘Dember’, when are we going to get to ‘Dember’. It’s refreshing.
2. We stopped in Salina for lunch. M grabbed a broom and dustpan from the lady cleaning the bathroom and almost took off with it.
2a. M learned how to drink out of a straw…finally. He also yelled ‘Momma’ at an Amish woman. Nice.
3. Pretty sure my knuckles are sun burned.
4. 2 hours in, Terry the Teradactyl took over the vocals in the car. Fun times.
5. Arrived in Hays….and the Hampton Inn. Ahhh the beds are awesome.
6. There might be grapes ground in the carpet in room 219, but I’m not admitting if there is.
7. We ate at Applebee’s. I HAVE NEVER EATEN THERE BEFORE. 😉
8. Pool time consisted of two boys having a great time, and getting more energy than using it.
9. There was a mooning at the pool. I’m not gonna say who.
10. L is currently talking on the hotel room phone to Fireman Sam. (a cartoon character, Nana..don’t panic)
11. When we checked in the hotel, I asked L how he was doing. In front of a crowd of Hays-ers, L informed me that M was pooping in the corner.
12. M in the matter of 15 minutes, found out how to turn on the tub, unroll the toilet paper roll, and open a closet. To which, he played in for 20 min after.
13. L asked why we need ice. Then (thanks Grandpa) asked me if I needed beer tonight.
14. Both boys are currently still up and active….their parents however, can’t wait to get to ‘Dember’.
More to come… you better believe there will be.